A Roadrunner Appliance Service technician comes to your home or business, diagnoses the appliance and then will recommend and/or perform the maintenance, repair or service needed to correct the problem. Of course we have to charge for providing this service.
Affordable Appliance Repair
SERVICE CHARGE + SERVICE = TOTAL COST OF REPAIR
Service Charge: A service charge covers the cost of bringing a fully trained technician and his mobile shop to your home or business and diagnosing the problem. It also includes the service estimate.
Service: This refers to what is charged for performing the maintenance, repair, or part(s) replaced (including sales tax which is paid when we purchase parts) that is required to restore the proper functioning of your appliance.
There are companies who offer NO SERVICE / TRIP CHARGE and yet they are still incurring the expense of providing this service. What they typically do is to increase the price of the repair (hiding the charge) to more than recover those expenses. And, of course, if you do not have the repair done, there will be a Service Charge.
We currently offer Senior Discounts and/or 10% OFF when mentioning that you found us on the internet.
These are the most common ways companies charge a "Service Charge"
1) One flat rate which includes coming to your home or business, the diagnosis and the estimate.
2) A trip charge - for the time and mileage to come to your home or business plus a separate diagnostic charge for the unknown amount of time (labor) to determine the problem and provide an estimate.
Here are the most common ways companies charge for "Service"
"Service" This refers to what is charged for performing the maintenance, repair, or service required to resolve the problem with your appliance.
1) A service, which is a flat rate, for the repair based on the part/s price and the standard labor rate for that repair or the standard labor rate when no parts are needed. This way you know what the total repair is before the job is done just like in most auto repair shops.
2) Charge for the part separate from the labor. In this way you know, up front, only the cost of the part but not the cost of the labor or the total of the repair until the job is done.
3) Straight labor where no parts are needed and there is no applicable "average/standard" time.
A ROADRUNNER APPLIANCE SERVICE uses the flat rate for both the Service Charge and Repair so you know what the charge will be for the trip and diagnosis, and/ or for the repair before you authorize either or both.